You have a critical role in our organization maintaining and improving the facilities at our global headquarters. Your role will find you performing general maintenance of machinery, cleanup, and repairs for our facility, so that our company may continue to be at its best!
You are a vital member of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative, brand-driven, global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow, expected to challenge others, and are part of something much bigger than yourself. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
We are an employee-owned company and have been a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. We have a storied history of innovation, which many say is in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we constantly ask the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
Our core brands of CAMO, PRO-FIT and STINGER are the “asked for brands” in their respective segments. Found at some of the finest names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence. Our Brand users are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands, and just like us, they are business owners. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and they depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done.
Our company's reason for existing
Whether supporting our customers, suppliers, employee-owners and their families or the communities in which we live and work, our purpose is simple; inspire whoever we engage with to help them become better. Better people, families, businesses, and ultimately leave better the communities in which we live in. We get this is a moonshot reason for existing. Yet it is one we are committed to.
- Servant focused.
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people and our customers and our communities.
To assist our production manager and operations director in keeping our facilities and machinery in excellent condition. You will ensure that facilities are safe, functional, and aesthetically pleasing.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Aspire to our 8 character traits.
- Conduct routine inspection of facilities to ensure machines and equipment are in full operation.
- Handle all basic repair and maintenance of all machines and equipment, including but not limited to, air compressors, air lines, assembly machines, docks, overhead doors, lighting fixtures, doors, locks/hinges, underground sprinkling systems, HVAC, and plumbing.
- Contact outside vendors and suppliers for additional expertise and materials.
- Build crates, pallets, and containers for shipping.
- Assist in building/assembling displays needed for marketing or general promotional services.
- Oversee the recycling of all materials, including steel, wood, cardboard, and plastics.
- Manage stocking of cleaning supplies for our facility cleaning service, as well as supplies for restrooms.
- Be willing and able to assist with ad-hoc service requests.
- Have a passion for strengthening company culture and productivity, and building community.
- Strong, relevant experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Physical ability for prolonged standing, to lift up to 50 pounds at a time, climb ladders, and crawl into awkward spaces.
- Great listener – able to follow detailed instructions well.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of general construction and repair.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and equipment used in general maintenance or custodial services.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of Mig Welding, hydraulic line repair, electrical and electrical circuitry, basic heating and cooling maintenance.
- Value both the opportunity to do well professionally and grow personally.
So, if this is an assignment and culture you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.