You have the opportunity to truly lead and develop a group of Home Center stores, driving market recognition and sales volume for our innovative products and brands: CAMO, STINGER, and PRO-FIT.
You are a vital member of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative, brand-driven, global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow, expected to challenge others, and are part of something much bigger than yourself. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
We are an employee-owned company and a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. We have a storied history of innovation, which many say is in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we constantly ask the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
In 2021 we were recognized by Inc. Magazine as an American Best Workplace. One of 429 companies nationally to be recognized and only one of 11 in the building products industry. A recognition that is truly humbling, yet at the same time, we know National Nail is a pretty special place to be part of.
Our core brands of CAMO, PRO-FIT, and STINGER are the “asked for brands” in their respective segments, and can be found at the finest names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence.
Our brand users are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands, and just like us, are business owners. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done.
Our company's reason for existing
Whether supporting our customers, suppliers, employee-owners and their families or the communities in which we live and work, our purpose is simple; inspire whoever we engage with to help them become better. Better people, families, businesses, and ultimately leave better the communities in which we live in. We get this is a moonshot reason for existing. Yet it is one we are committed to.
Our culture is characterized as
- Servant focused.
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people, our customers and our communities.
As a key member of our Home Center channel team, you will build relationships and monitor product appearance and performance in our stores. Our key to growth in this channel is exceptional service, which you will help to provide as our front line eyes, ears, and hands.
More specifically, you will also support store level activities such as contractor events, quote follow-up, and ad-hoc sales activities focused towards the contractor at the store.
This is a demanding, goal-driven, action oriented, self-driven assignment. So, what does this require of you?
- Aspire to the 8.
- An outstanding teacher, listener, and communicator.
- Equally comfortable working with contractors and business owners as you are with store managers.
- Diligent in keeping up store sets, while reporting weekly status of bays, and communicating potential critical issues.
- Able to develop key relationships with store managers, MET supervisors, and Pro Desk associates.
- Lead product training with store associates and contractors.
- Track all leads and relevant information in Salesforce.
- Hungry. Competitive. Possessing a never quit spirit.
You must be passionate about brands and be able to build one
Think of a brand you love. You use it over and over again. You count on it. It delivers every time. So, you engage with it, every time. It may be something as simple as your toothpaste, or coffee. Could be a clothing line, golf clubs or choice of car you drive. Regardless, there is something about that brand experience that calls you back.
It will be impossible for you to achieve this leadership assignment without “getting” the endearing value of our brands. Our brands don’t fit into someone else’s “finished good”. They embody a unique experience inviting the user to return – again.
You must love challenges and thrive on them
Our brands exist to improve the experiences that end-users have. We change how work is done! And changing how work is done is a challenge.
This won’t be easy. You won’t win them all. Can you take a punch? Do you learn equally from success and failure? And then get back to the mission?
Is this in your DNA? Do you thrive for this challenge?
You must be an outstanding person and teammate and elevate those around you
We believe the best “building” moments at work are the moments when we build things together with our teammates. Are you a good teammate? Do you get that you will be part of a company story and vision that is much bigger than you? Are you a great encourager? Are you teachable? Coachable? Correctable?
We demand great teammates. Are you one? You must be humble, competitive, and phenomenal at listening.
- Store service or sales background preferred.
- Evidence of continuing leadership, self-development.
- Outstanding people and communication skills.
- Strong organization and reporting skills.
- Fast learner, comfortable discerning importance of issues and escalating if necessary.
- Marketing or similar undergrad degree preferred.
- Comfortable with occasional overnight travel.
- Able to support product development teams with market perspective.
- Safe driving record.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, brands, and an industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.