You are leading, building, and creating marketing strategies for our roofing wholesale channel, bringing our award winning brand, STINGER, to our network of partners and end consumers. While aligning with our global brand strategy, you will develop promotional assets and experiences to build brand awareness and increase adoption of our innovative products, which will support our aggressive revenue growth.
You are a vital member of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative, brand-driven, global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow, expected to challenge others, and are part of something much bigger than yourself. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
We are an employee-owned company and a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. We have a storied history of innovation, which many say is in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we constantly ask the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
In 2021 we were recognized by Inc. Magazine as an American Best Workplace. One of 429 companies nationally to be recognized and only one of 11 in the building products industry. A recognition that is truly humbling, yet at the same time, we know National Nail is a pretty special place to be part of.
Our core brands of CAMO, PRO-FIT, and STINGER are the “asked for brands” in their respective segments, and can be found at the finest names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence.
Our brand users are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands, and just like us, are business owners. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done.
Our company's reason for existing
Whether supporting our customers, suppliers, employee-owners and their families or the communities in which we live and work, our purpose is simple; inspire whoever we engage with to help them become better. Better people, families, businesses, and ultimately leave better the communities in which we live in. We get this is a moonshot reason for existing. Yet it is one we are committed to.
- Servant focused.
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people and our customers and our communities.
As the STINGER Brand Marketing Manager, you will lead the development of and drive the strategic and tactical sales initiatives needed to achieve our customer centered, company and brand growth plans across our distribution and dealer channels. This role will find you casting vision and overseeing all channel related projects, promotions, and content. It will include building a detailed marketing calendar, creating social/digital marketing materials, and providing constant communication to our channel teams. By influencing your peers, customers, and vendors, you will help us to align the STINGER brand with strategic partners and gain market share with our innovative brands.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Aspire to our 8 character traits.
- Develop channel specific marketing pieces that deliver our unique brand story and build a community of loyal users.
- Have experience working with selling teams and field marketing initiatives.
- Partner with the Chief Marketing Officer to create business strategies and revenue plans for distribution channel initiatives.
- Understand emerging selling trends and cycles.
- Enjoy solving complex problems and identifying customer needs.
- Manage reporting and analyses of marketing campaigns and programs.
- Create memorable trade show experiences.
- Be skilled at launching new brands and products.
- Hungry. Competitive. Possessing a never quit spirit.
You must be passionate about brands and be able to build one
Think of a brand you love. You use it over and over again. You count on it. It delivers every time. So, you engage with it, every time. It may be something as simple as your toothpaste, or coffee. Could be a clothing line, golf clubs or choice of car you drive. Regardless, there is something about that brand experience that calls you back.
It will be impossible for you to achieve this leadership assignment without “getting” the endearing value of our brands. Our brands don’t fit into someone else’s “finished good”. They embody a unique experience inviting the user to return – again.
You must love challenges and thrive on them
Our brands exist to improve the experiences that end-users have. We change how work is done! And changing how work is done is a challenge.
This won’t be easy. You won’t win them all. Can you take a punch? Do you learn equally from success and failure? And then get back to the mission?
Is this in your DNA? Do you thrive for this challenge?
You must be an outstanding person and teammate and elevate those around you
We believe the best “building” moments at work are the moments when we build things together with our teammates. Are you a good teammate? Do you get that you will be part of a company story and vision that is much bigger than you? Are you a great encourager? Are you teachable? Coachable? Correctable?
We demand great teammates. Are you one? You must be humble, competitive, and phenomenal at listening.
- Strong proven performance in channel marketing.
- Ability to perform at both a strategic and hands-on tactical level.
- Excellent project management skills with high attention to detail.
- 5+ years of marketing experience with a national brand.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Skilled communicator with a powerful public speaking presence.
- Results oriented with excellent planning, prioritization, decision making, organizational and time management skills; works well under pressure and delivers on commitments with little direction.
- Strong customer service orientation that drives a culture of customer appreciation and service excellence within the team and externally.
- Flexible with the ability to quickly adapt and re-prioritize in a continuously changing working environment.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, brand, and industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.