You play a critical role in an organization creating and delivering content to build employee-owner awareness on the National Nail platform. Working closely with our CEO and marketing team, you will champion the use of internal and external communication platforms to increase culture, engagement, and productivity.
You are a vital member of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative, brand-driven, global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow, expected to challenge others, and are part of something much bigger than yourself. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
We are an employee-owned company and have been a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. We have a storied history of innovation, which many say is in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we constantly ask the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
Our core brands of Camo, Pro-Fit, and Stinger are the “asked for brands” in their respective segments. Found at some of the finest names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence. Our Brand users are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands, and just like us, they are business owners. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and they depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done.
Our company's reason for existing
Whether supporting our customers, suppliers, employee-owners and their families or the communities in which we live and work, our purpose is simple; inspire whoever we engage with to help them become better. Better people, families, businesses, and ultimately leave better the communities in which we live in. We get this is a moonshot reason for existing. Yet it is one we are committed to.
Our culture is characterized as
- Servant focused
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people, our customers and our communities.
Will find you maintaining constant internal and external communication with customers, suppliers, employee-owners, and the communities in which we live and work. This will include key dates, campaigns, and corporate leadership communications from our CEO and executive team. You will help develop and launch a corporate intranet site, focused on providing clear messages to our teams.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Aspire to our 8 character traits.
- Be a great storyteller.
- Execute deliverables that drive employee engagement and adoption of large-scale organizational transformation.
- Be both organized and creative, a trusted advisor to our internal partners.
- Have an aptitude for influencing others and getting groups on board with an idea or direction.
- Communicate clearly all scheduled events and updates regarding brands, product launches, events, etc.
- Help develop and maintain an efficient intranet system, used for all internal communications.
- Communicate well in regards to process changes, technology deployments, culture initiatives, and more.
- Have experience working with C-Suite and executive level leaders.
- Never stop looking for exciting, novel ways to reach people, particularly when it comes to making complex topics simple, intuitive, and interesting.
- Be passionate about strengthening company culture and productivity, and building community.
- Be humble, competitive, and phenomenal at listening.
You must love building people and brands
We believe the best “building” moments at work are the moments when we build things together with our teammates. Are you a good teammate? Do you get that you will be part of a company story and vision that is much bigger than you? Are you a great encourager? Are you teachable? Coachable? Correctable?
Our brands exist to improve the experiences that end-users have. We change how work is done! And changing how work is done is a challenge. This won’t be easy. You won’t win them all. Can you take a punch? Do you learn equally from success and failure? And then get back to the mission?
You must be a great communicator, connector, and storyteller
Communication serves as the foundation of every facet of a business. Effective communication builds strong teams, fosters creativity, and increases engagement. It also helps us continue to tell our story. Bringing a unique balance of creative, technical, and organizational skills, you will deliver best-in-class storytelling and communication deliverables.
Storytelling is an integral part of the National Nail history. We are passionate about the path our company and brands have taken to get to where we are today. That passion is infectious and inspires other people.
Are you a great communicator and connector? Are you passionate about storytelling?
- 5+ years in a corporate or organizational communications role.
- Degree in communications, business communications, journalism, or public relations.
- Influential, with strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Expert writer – able to establish writing, voice, and perspective standards, connecting people to the message.
- Great listener – able to ask probing, thought provoking questions.
- Strong technological skills, including the Microsoft Suite
- Ability to professionally manage confidential, time sensitive information.
- Value both the opportunity to do well professionally and grow personally.
So, if this is an assignment and culture you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.