You are creating visual communications and artwork that help bring our award winning brands, CAMO, STINGER and PROFIT to customers around the globe. You will design concepts that will inspire, inform, and captivate consumers through both physical and virtual art forms.
You are a vital member of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative, brand-driven, global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow, expected to challenge others, and are part of something much bigger than yourself. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
Are an employee-owned company and have been a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. We have a storied history of innovation, which many say is in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we constantly ask the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
The users of our products are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done. And they are business owners, like us. They purchase our products through some of the finest household names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence.
Whether our brands are offered by someone national in scope or a single location staple of a local community, or counted on by a small business owner in their trade, we consider it a privilege that one of our three proprietary brands, CAMO, Pro-Fit and STINGER, are part of their story.
Our culture is characterized as...
- Servant focused.
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people, our customers and our communities.
You will create and execute concepts, design art and copy layouts, and create appropriate digital files consistent with the goals and objectives outlined in creative briefs for multiple brands.
So, what does this require of you?
- Aspire to our 8 character traits.
- Design, layout, and formatting of materials in accordance with the marketing briefs from Creative Director.
- Responsible for the graphic design and production for various marketing initiatives from video, social media, presentations, catalogs, advertising, retail marketing, event/tradeshow, style guides, direct mail and digital materials for multiple brands.
- Direct the activities of production artists, retouching, stylists, photographers and illustrators as they may relate to the execution of projects.
- Prepare comprehensive samples and assembles final layouts for Creative Team’s presentations.
- Develop creative guidelines and ensure continuity across projects and marketing templates for all services, programs and departments.
- Create and organize all necessary artwork and digital mechanicals for release to vendors.
- Perform duties in accordance with the National Nail’s mission by meeting the design needs of premier fastener brands, delivering exceptional design and communications solutions.
At your core...
Have a passion for Brands
Think of a brand you love. You use it over and over again. You count on it. It delivers every time. So, you engage with it, every time. It may be something as simple as your toothpaste, or coffee. Could be a clothing line, golf clubs or choice of car you drive. Regardless, there is something about that brand experience that calls you back.
It will be impossible for you to achieve this assignment without “getting” the endearing value of our brands. Our products don’t fit into someone else’s “finished good”. Our products are part of a unique experience for our users. CAMO, STINGER and PROFIT each has a unique experience inviting the user to return – again.
Building things is in your DNA
You love building. More importantly, you love building things with and through others. And building equally demands vision and the will to accept the challenge of both casting it and helping others believe in it.
Our brands exist to improve the experiences that end-users have. We change how work is done! And changing how work is done is a challenge.
This won’t be easy. You won’t win them all. Can you take a punch? Do you learn equally from success and failure? And then get back to the mission?
Be an outstanding teammate
We believe the best “building” moments in life, are the moments when we build things together….. with our teammates. Are you a good teammate? Do you get that you will be part of a brand story and vision that is so much bigger than you? Are you a great encourager? Are you teachable? Coachable? Correctable? We demand great teammates. Are you one?
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of advertising agency or design studio experience.
- Proven ability to research and translate design trends into graphic concepts that communicate clearly.
- Sound understanding of print production and production ready files.
- Proficient in Adobe CC - In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator and other graphics software on Mac platform.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with a collaborative approach.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, while still working under deadlines.
- High level of passion, collaboration and dedication to your area of expertise.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, and an industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.