You are a key member of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative brand-driven global employee-owned company and STINGER Brand Sales Team.
You are challenged to grow while challenging others, finding great enjoyment in what you do and are a significant part of something much bigger than you.
You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted.
And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
Are an employee-owned company and have been a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. We have a storied history of innovation, which many say is in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we constantly ask the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
Our core brands of Camo, Pro-Fit and Stinger are the “asked for brands” in their respective segments. Found at some of the finest names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence. Our Brand users are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands, and just like us, they are business owners. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and they depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done.
Our culture is characterized as...
- Servant focused.
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people, our customers and our communities.
The STINGER Brand...
It goes back to the 1970s, when National Nail fashioned the first plastic cap out of an old milk jug. What can we say—we drink from the innovation jug!
STINGER—a brand entirely devoted to all things for the building envelope— was officially launched in 2007 with the introduction of the first line-up of non-pneumatic cap hammers and collated caps. Since then, the STINGER family has grown to include pneumatic cap staplers, pneumatic cap nailers, synthetic underlayment, metal roofing accessories, and more. As the industry changes with building codes and product advancements, STINGER continues to evolve to provide contractors worldwide with innovative products that are fast, easy, safe and affordable for each of their roofing and siding needs.
And our vision? To be the expected Brand found in the hands of any sidewall or roof installer building or repairing homes like ours.
As a key member of the STINGER Brand Sales Team, you are expected to drive the development and execution of the strategic and tactical initiatives necessary for growing the STINGER Brand share in your assigned market area. And in the process, you will be building a legion of STINGER Brand enthusiasts!
Your time will be spent with installers teaching, coaching and facilitating their movement away from their current methods of attaching roofing and siding underlayments to the better way . . . the STINGER way. And they will thank you for improving their jobsite experience.
So, what does this require of you? You must be:
- An accomplished builder.
- Aspiring to the 8.
- An outstanding teacher, listener, and communicator.
- Equally comfortable on jobsites with contractors/users, lumberyards, owners/sales team and distribution sales personnel.
- Skilled at leading through influence.
- Outstanding at launching new brands, products and thoughts, directly to our brand users, inspiring them to be users of our products.
- Hungry. Competitive. Have a never quit spirit.
At your core...
Have a passion for Brands
Think of a brand you love. You use it over and over again. You count on it. It delivers every time. So, you engage with it, every time. It may be something as simple as your toothpaste, or coffee. Could be a clothing line, golf clubs or choice of car you drive. Regardless, there is something about that brand experience that calls you back. And you do.
It will be impossible for you to achieve this assignment without “getting” the endearing value of a brand. Our products don’t fit into someone else’s “finished good”. Our products are part of a unique experience for our users. STINGER has a unique experience inviting the user to return – again.
Building things is in your DNA
You love building. More importantly, you love building things with and through others. And to build well, you must possess a deep respect for those in the trades who build.
You will build the STINGER Brand at the jobsite . . . one roofer and framer, one small business owner at a time. This is a demanding, goal-driven, action oriented, self-driven assignment.
Is this in your DNA?
Thrive for a challenge
The STINGER Brand exists to improve the experience that end-users have when installing underlayment and housewrap. We change how work is done! And changing how work is done is a challenge. It’s not easy. You must love and thrive on a good challenge.
You won’t win them all. Can you take a punch? Do you learn equally from success and failure? And then get back to the mission? You must be someone who thrives on helping others improve their work life and eagerly awaits the next challenge.
Be an outstanding teammate
We believe the best “building” moments in life, are the moments when we build things together . . . with our teammates. Are you a good teammate? Do you get that you will be part of a brand story and vision that is so much bigger than you? Are you a great encourager? Are you teachable? Coachable? Correctable? We demand great teammates. Are you one?
- Building materials / contractor experiences a necessity.
- Roofing/siding industry experience a plus.
- Evidence of continuing leadership, self-development.
- Brand leadership and involvement.
- 5 years of field sales/construction experience preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Marketing or similar undergrad or deep industry success evident.
- Comfortable with overnight travel.
- Able to support product development teams with market perspective.
- Ability to identify and balance priorities across customer channels and end users.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, Brand and an industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.