You have the opportunity to truly lead and build a business for a growth-minded, industry leading, innovative, brand-driven, global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow while challenging others, finding great enjoyment in what you do and are a significant part of something much bigger than you. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
Are an employee-owned company that has been a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. With a storied history of innovation, some say it’s in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we are constantly asking the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
The users of our products are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done. And they are business owners, like us. They purchase our products through some of the finest household names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence.
Whether our brands are offered by someone national in scope or a single location staple of a local community, or counted on by a small business owner in their trade, we consider it a privilege that one of our three proprietary brands, CAMO, Pro-Fit and STINGER, are part of their story.
Our culture is characterized as...
- Servant focused
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people, our customers and our communities.
As a key member of our sales team, you are expected to lead the development of and drive the strategic and tactical sales initiatives needed to achieve our customer centered, company and brand growth plans, in your market. You will achieve a market leadership position in our Tennessee market by aligning our customers with our core product brands CAMO, PRO-FIT and STINGER. Through a majority of your effort being spent on contractors and the remainder with dealers, you will build great relationships with both our end-users and our retailers.
To be successful in this role, you must be…
- Aspiring to the 8.
- A Vision Caster and Implementer.
- Equally comfortable on jobsites with contractors/users, lumberyards, owners/sales team and distribution sales personnel.
- An outstanding teacher, listener and communicator.
- Excellent at building relationships with key decision makers.
- A proven leader, with the ability to identify key market and customer trends and recommend the appropriate course of action.
- Outstanding at launching new brands, products and thoughts.
- Hungry. Competitive. Possessing a never quit spirit.
You also must...
Be a great cultural fit…
We have eight character traits that we strive to attain in our relationships with each other, our customers, suppliers and in our communities. Frankly, in every aspects of our lives, further explained on our National Nail website, these traits, servant leadership....set the standards for our behavioral expectations.
Be an outstanding teammate...
Who likes average and below average teammates? We don't. Do you? We believe the best “building” moments in life, are the moments when we build things together with our teammates. Are you a good teammate? Do you get that you will be part of a brand story and vision that is much bigger than you? Are you a great encourager? Are you teachable? Coachable? Correctable? We demand great teammates. Are you one?
Thrive on challenge and change...
Growth comes through challenge and challenge leads to change. And we expect it. In ourselves and in our company. And building a market is not easy.
You will be pressed to be a continuous learner. A student of your teammates, your market, customers and more. You will be challenged to bring new ideas, concepts and products to your customers. Self starting without being pushed. You will not win them all. Can you take a punch? How well do you get back up after being turned down? You must be someone who thrives on helping others, possesses a thirst for change and learns from both success and failure.
Have building things and people in your DNA...
You love building. Projects at home. At work. In you. There is something about you that leaves things and other people better than when you found them. More importantly, you love building things with and through others.
You will be key in building a business, helping your customers build theirs while investing in yourself and in your teammates to do what? Grow.
You are a builder.
Have a passion for brands…
Think of a brand you love. You use it over and over again. You count on it. It delivers every time. So, you engage with it, every time. It may be something as simple as your toothpaste, or coffee. Could be a clothing line, golf clubs or choice of car you drive. Regardless, there is something about that brand experience that calls you back. And you do.
It will be impossible for you to achieve this assignment without “getting” the endearing value of a brand. Our products don’t fit into someone else’s “finished good”. Our products are part of a unique experience for our users.
- Value both the opportunity to do well professionally and grow personally.
- Evidence of continuing servant leadership, self-development, and a bias towards action.
- Driven by internal discipline with a natural instinct for sales.
- Strong relationship building capacities with the ability to quickly assess needs of customers.
- Building material industry / contactor & dealer experiences a necessity.
- 5+ years field sales experience
So, if this is an assignment, culture, brands and industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.