You are a key member of the finance team of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative brand-driven global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow while challenging others, finding great enjoyment in what you do and are a significant part of something much bigger than you. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
Are an employee-owned company that has been a proud part of the American building materials industry for over 50 years. With a storied history of innovation, some say it’s in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we are constantly asking the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
The users of our products are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done. And they are business owners, like us. They purchase our products through some of the finest household names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence.
Whether our brands are offered by someone national in scope or a single location staple of a local community, or counted on by a small business owner in their trade, we consider it a privilege that one of our three proprietary brands, CAMO, Pro-Fit and STINGER, are part of their story.
Our culture is characterized as...
- Servant focused
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people and our customers and our communities.
You will be a critical member of the finance team and report directly to the CFO. You will engage with executive leadership to communicate financial results to drive informed decision making. You will oversee operations of the finance department, which includes motivating, mentoring, training and coaching the team to ensure optimal performance.
So, what does this require of you?
- Aspire to the 8.
- Oversight of all accounting operations including month end close and reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management, general ledger, and account reconciliations.
- Providing CFO with a monthly articulation of performance, variance to budget and/or forecast expectations.
- Responsibility for building and submission of annual budgets, investment cases and ad-hoc forecasts.
- Lead or sponsor business projects as appropriate, preparing, coordinating and challenging financial input and analysis behind project expenditure, investment and return on capital.
- Produce ad-hoc analysis and financial information to monitor and report the performance of the business, analyzing financial data, trends and understand key variances and report the same by exception as required.
- General ledger oversight – ensure the accuracy of the companies’ general ledgers in accordance with executive leadership timing and instructions, ensuring processes and controls are in place to ensure the accurate maintenance and review of the financial information.
- Maintain bank relationships by operating within agreed bank facility limits, preparing weekly / monthly cash flow forecasts and reporting of these to the CFO.
The Love of People
You must not just like people. You must love people. Love teaching, mentoring and challenging them. And then, celebrating in their growth as they take what they have learned from you . . . and build upon it. You will be expected to attract and build a like-minded growth-oriented team, delivering what our end-users need today, tactically, and what we will surprise them with in the future, strategically. We are not seeking a “manager” of people. We are “demanding” a developer of forward thinking, growth-minded, energy breathing, story writing, community building, brand defending disciples, who like you, collaborate well and constantly challenge the status quo.
Leave it Better
Whatever we do in life . . . whoever we meet in life . . . wouldn’t you like them to be in a better place because they met you? Frankly, many people don’t look at life or their work assignments that way. We do.
In the end, your legacy will be evidenced in the accumulated effect of the people you have impacted over the years which you have led as the Controller. Think that one through . . . Is that how your company views your assignment today? They should.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, brands and industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.
- Bachelor’s degree required, emphasis on Finance and/or Accounting preferred.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation-based communications skills.
- Excellent analytical, forecasting and budgeting skills.
- Experience of successfully managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent organizing, prioritizing and time management skills
- Experience of implementing and improving processes and controls
- Demonstrable experience of improving profitability and cash flow
- Execution excellence
- Be able to think tactically and strategically
- Be accountable. Own it.