You are a member of the marketing team in our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative brand-driven global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow while challenging others, finding great enjoyment in what you do and are a significant part of something much bigger than you. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacts. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
Are an employee-owned company that has been a proud part of the American building materials industry for over 50 years. With a storied history of innovation, some say it’s in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we are constantly asking the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
The users of our products are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done. And they are business owners, like us. They purchase our products through some of the finest household names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence.
Whether our brands are offered by someone national in scope or a single location staple of a local community, or counted on by a small business owner in their trade, we consider it a privilege that one of our three proprietary brands, CAMO, Pro-Fit and STINGER, are part of their story.
Our culture is characterized as...
- Servant focused
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people and our customers and our communities.
You will create and execute concepts, design art and copy layouts and create appropriate digital files consistent with the goals and objectives outlined in creative briefs for multiple brands.
So, what does this require of you?
- Aspire to the 8.
- Design, layout and formatting of materials in accordance with the marketing briefs from Creative Director.
- Responsible for the graphic design and production for various marketing initiatives from video, social media, presentations, catalogs, advertising, retail marketing, event/tradeshow, style guides, direct mail and digital materials for multiple brands.
- Direct the activities of production artists, retouching, stylists, photographers and illustrators as they may relate to the execution of projects.
- Prepare comprehensive samples and assembles final layouts for Creative Team’s presentations.
- Develop creative guidelines and ensure continuity across projects and marketing templates for all services, programs and departments.
- Create and organize all necessary artwork and digital mechanicals for release to vendors.
- Perform duties in accordance with the National Nail’s mission by meeting the design needs of premier fastener brands delivering exceptional design and communications solutions.
It begins with the vision. Not any vision. THE VISION. The vision for how we connect our compelling brand stories with the users of our products. The hardworking, small business owners who work in the trades, building homes, building decks, and installing roofing or siding. Hard jobs. These are the people who will depend on you executing THE VISION beyond exceedingly well!
A brand has a story. Strong ones connect well with their audience. Weak ones don’t. Inviting our users in to learn more, want more, and invest more. Pictures, phrases, experiences and emotions not yet thought of. And this all begins with a vision for each of our brands.
A Passion for Brands
Think of a brand you love. You use it over and over again. You count on it. It delivers every time. So, you engage with it, every time. It may be something as simple as your toothpaste, or coffee. Could be a clothing line, golf clubs or choice of car you drive. Regardless, there is something about that brand experience that calls you back. And you do.
It will be impossible for you to achieve this assignment without “getting” the endearing value of a brand. Our products don’t fit into someone else’s “finished good”. Our products are part of a unique experience for our users. Our users are “deck heads” or part of the “STINGER Nation” or “Pro-Fit” followers. Each brand has a message. Each brand has a story. Each brand has a unique experience inviting the user to return – again.
The Love of People
You must not just like people. You must love people. Love teaching, mentoring and collaborating with them. And then, celebrating with them . . . and build upon it. You will be expected to collaborate with a like-minded growth-oriented team, delivering what our end-users need today, tactically, and what we will surprise them with in the future, strategically.
Innovation has transformed our company. And in turn, has transformed how work is completed on jobsites around the world. Pretty cool.
The Marketing Team is vital to the successful and regular launching of the product innovation and brand extensions demanded by our end users and expected by our channel partners. Each brand (CAMO, STINGER, Pro-Fit), each year, every part of the world. Fun!
You would be expected to “lean into” and bring your best thinking and the questions no one else has thought of to our product innovation process.
Innovation is obvious with product. You will also be expected to drive innovation throughout key processes, technology and through cross-collaboration in our company.
Leave it Better
Whatever we do in life . . . whoever we meet in life . . . wouldn’t you like them to be in a better place because they met you? Frankly, many people don’t look at life or their work assignments that way. We do.
In the end, your legacy will be evidenced in the accumulated effect of the people you have impacted over the years. Think that one through. Is that how your company views your assignment today? They should.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, brands and industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of advertising agency or design studio experience.
- Proven ability to research and translate design trends into graphic concepts that communicate clearly.
- Sound understanding of print production and production ready files.
- Proficient in Adobe CC - In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator and other graphics software on Mac platform.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, while still working under deadlines.
- Experience balancing multiple projects with a collaborative approach.
- High level of passion, collaboration and dedication to your area of expertise.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and self-directing skills.