You are responsible for leading a sales organization of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative brand-driven global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow while challenging others, finding great enjoyment in what you do and are a significant part of something much bigger than you. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
Are an employee-owned company that has been a proud part of the American building materials industry for over 50 years. With a storied history of innovation, some say it’s in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we are constantly asking the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
The users of our products are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done. And they are business owners, like us. They purchase our products through some of the finest household names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence.
Whether our brands are offered by someone national in scope or a single location staple of a local community, or counted on by a small business owner in their trade, we consider it a privilege that one of our three proprietary brands, CAMO, Pro-Fit and STINGER, are part of their story.
Our culture is characterized as...
- Servant focused
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people and our customers and our communities.
As a key member of the Sales Leadership Team, you are expected to lead the development of and drive the strategic and tactical sales initiatives needed to achieve our customer centered, company and brand growth plans, in your market. This position will lead our Southeast sales team which includes Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama and Mississippi.
So, what does this require of you?
- You must be a builder.
- Aspire to the 8.
- Self-awareness and coachable.
- Incessant drive to grow self. A lifelong learner.
- Development and leadership of a mission driven sales team. A team that demands the same of you as you do of them.
- Creation of clear experiences that will continually “pull” our users in, to learn and want more of our brands.
- Superior collaboration skills enabling you to partner with internal teams like marketing, inside sales and brand management.
- You must be outstanding at launching new brands, products and thoughts, directly to our brand users, inspiring them to be users of our products.
A Passion for Brands
Think of a brand you love. You use it over and over again. You count on it. It delivers every time. So, you engage with it, every time. It may be something as simple as your toothpaste, or coffee. Could be a clothing line, golf clubs or choice of car you drive. Regardless, there is something about that brand experience that calls you back. And you do.
It will be impossible for you to achieve this assignment without “getting” the endearing value of a brand. Our products don’t fit into someone else’s “finished good”. Our products are part of a unique experience for our users. Our users are “deck heads” or part of the “STINGER Nation” or “Pro-Fit” followers. Each brand has a message. Each brand has a story. Each brand has a unique experience inviting the user to return – again.
The Love of People
You must not just like people. You must love people. Love teaching, mentoring and challenging them. And then, celebrating in their growth as they take what they have learned from you . . . and build upon it. You will be expected to attract and build a like-minded growth-oriented team, delivering what our end-users need today, tactically, and what we will surprise them with in the future, strategically. We are not seeking a “manager” of people. We are “demanding” a developer of forward thinking, growth-minded, energy breathing story writing, community building brand defending disciples, who like you, collaborate well and constantly challenge the status quo.
Innovation has transformed our company. And in turn, has transformed how work is completed on jobsites around the world. Pretty cool.
Your team is vital to the successful and regular launching of the product innovation and brand extensions demanded by our end users and expected by our channel partners. Each brand (CAMO, STINGER, Pro-Fit), each year, every part of the world. Fun!
Leave it Better
Whatever we do in life . . . whoever we meet in life . . . wouldn’t you like them to be in a better place because they met you? Frankly, many people don’t look at life or their work assignments that way. We do.
In the end, your legacy will be evidenced in the accumulated effect of the people you have impacted over the years which you have led as the Regional Sales Leader. Think that one through. Is that how your company views your assignment today?
You Will Possess
- Proven experience as a Regional or Director level Sales Leader. You aspire to someday be a Vice President.
- Excellent leadership and team development skills.
- Focused on developing and guiding others to be their best. Has a bias toward action and expectation for thigh-performance. Values time in the market over time at the office.
- The respect of customers you’ve served and teams you have led.
- Created a brand experience in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Connected end users with a unique brand experience.
- Converted end users from one brand to another.
- Excellent synthesizer and communicator of messages. Great story teller.
- Skilled in the difficult process of creating and launching new product and “idea” innovation.
- Deep working knowledge of CRM toolsets.
- Growth oriented, strategic mindset.
- Comfortable casting vision and helping customers see what they hadn’t.
- Challenge and support our large customer relationships and engage in all major growth opportunities.
- 10+ years related to this assignment
- 10+ years in leadership
- 10+ years of brand experience building focused end users
- Building materials / contractor experiences a necessity
- Evidence of continuing leadership, self and sales development.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, brands and industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.